Tagliolini Con Aragosta, Pomodoro Fresco E Funghi Misti
April 8, 2016
2 tablespoons 2 cups Tantillo Dried Mushroom Gourmet Mix (also works with porcini and shiitake mushrooms)
1Heat the Tantillo Premier Extra Virgin Olive Oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat.
2Once the oil is warm, add the Tantillo Dried Mushroom Gourmet Mix to the pan, and sauté for 5-7 minutes.
3Add garlic to the pan, and cook for one more minute.
4When the mushrooms are nicely golden brown and tender, remove them and set aside.
5Add the Tantillo Imported Pomodoro Pasta Sauce and lobster bisque to the pan, whisk together, and bring to a simmer.
6Once simmering, stir in the lobster meat and mushrooms to reheat for 4-5 minutes.
7Add the cooked Tagliolini and stir, coating the noodles in the sauce.
8Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with basil, parsley and grated parmigiana before serving.
Here are a few pointers to help you perfect this delicious recipe!
Sautéing mushrooms is an easy task once you know how to do it. The trick is to not overcrowd the pan. That’s because overcrowding causes the mushrooms to steam rather than to brown and caramelize, which is what gives the mushrooms all their wonderful flavor!
Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, drizzle in your Tantillo Premier Extra Virgin Olive Oil, and add your mushrooms. Again, make sure you have ample room between each mushroom. If you’re cooking for a large group, it might be best to cook your mushrooms in batches. Sauté for 5-7 minutes until tender and nicely browned. Yum!
There is a thin culinary line between fragrant, flavorful sautéed garlic and overcooked, bitter garlic.
There are two ways to cook garlic perfectly. Either cook it gently over medium to low heat (before deglazing with a liquid), or simply add your garlic towards the end of the cooking process, just a couple minutes before serving.
There are two ways to cook a whole lobster: you can either boil it, or steam it.
The Boiling Method
· Fill a large pot with water (enough to completely cover the lobster), and bring it to a boil over high heat.
· Season the water with salt, citrus, herbs, or a flavorful liquid like beer or broth.
· Place the lobster in the pot, cover with a lid, and cook for 8-10 minutes for a 1 lb. or a 1 ½ lb. lobster.
The Steamed Method
· Fill the bottom of a steamer pot with liquid.
· Season the water with a flavor-boosting liquid.
· Top with the perforated insert, add the lobster, and cover with the lid.
· Steam for 10-12 minutes for a 1 lb. or a 1 ½ lb. lobster.
Plating Pasta Perfectly
We have a few tricks for picture-perfect pasta plating:
• Once your pasta is nicely sauced and ready for the plate, portion the pasta into the ladle using tongs, and twirl with a carving fork. The pasta will “climb” up the fork in smooth strokes.
• Place your tongs underneath the fork and transfer to the plate, making sure to catch any drips along the way.
• Stand the fork up in the center of the plate, holding the handle. Slowly lift the fork, removing the pasta. You may need to coax the noodles a bit with the tongs.
• Spoon additional sauce (if needed) over the pasta before serving, and add any additional toppings. Just like that, you have perfectly plated pasta!
Be sure to check out the full article on How to Plate Pasta for Perfection.
More From Tantillo Foods
We hope you enjoy this delicious Tagliolini con Aragosta recipe! Tantillo Foods offers a full range of delicious Italian food products. Shop online to find a collection of high quality cooking oils, imported pasta sauces, artisanal pastas, and more!
Tantillo Artisanal Organic Fusilloni
Tantillo Artisanal Organic Fusilloni offers incredible texture and flavor at an affordable price. Only the finest organic durum wheat semolina flour is used in our traditional recipe.
Tantillo Imported Pomodoro Pasta Sauce
This sauce is the perfect companion to any traditional Italian pasta dish.